Making resolutions at the turn of every year may be trite, unhelpful and hopelessly optimistic, but somehow the year doesn’t feel properly bookended without starting with goals and ending with what one hopes will be accomplishments.
So, here goes:
In 2013, I resolve to:
* Write every day, even if for only fifteen minutes
* Take at least one writing class
* Join Pacific Northwest Writers Association
* Reread (or at least skim) Francine Prose’s book “Reading Like a Writer”
* Revisit past essays and polish one for submission
I think I better stop there.
What are your writing resolutions for 2013?